- Inclusive: embrace diversity, recognizing all community members have a right to be heard and participate in processes that affect their lives and avoid barriers to participation in society such as poverty, disability, age, race and ethnicity.
- Community Self-Determination: community members come together to discuss concerns, assess options and arrive at their own conclusions.
- Community Ownership: Communities thrive when they develop their own assets and when they “own" their problems and issues.
- Leadership Development: leaders are sought and developed to lead by grassroots.
- Enhance Natural Capacities and Networks: identify existing sources of strength as community assets and work with them.
- Problem Focused Learning: encourage people to think about the causes of problems, act, and learn from the outcome.
- Preventative Action: strong communities have the capacity to identify potential problems and take preventative action.
© 2020 | BRIDGE OF GRACE
5100 Gaywood Drive
Fort Wayne, IN 46806